- There are many workable solutions to keeping your backyard, park or property clean such as hiring a pet waste removal service.
- Dirty Work Pet Waste Removal has been metro-Atlanta’s professional pooper scooper service since 1998. Contact us today for your free quote: 404-876-9333
How to catch a loose dog (don’t chase it!)
If you chase your dog, its instinct is to run. If you lie down on the ground and act hurt (yelping, etc.), its instinct is to come check on you and make sure you’re alright. Feels like a dirty trick at the time, but it’s worth saving your dog from getting loose or hurt.
What to do if a dog gets loose:
- Stop, drop and lie down – It might sound silly, but dogs find the behavior odd. When you don’t give chase and instead lie down and lie still, a dog will get curious and will often come back to see if you are okay or to see what you are doing.
- Stop, drop, and curl into a ball – This is also a curious behavior for a dog. Because you are not moving and your hands are closely wrapped around your head, they see you as less of a threat and will come to check you out. This gives them a chance to sniff you and realize it’s you, their owner, or to allow you to pet them and grab their collar.
- Run in the opposite direction – What? Run away from the dog? That’s right. Some dogs love a good chase. Instead of you chasing them, let them chase you. Even if the dog is not up for a good chase, he may be curious about your odd behavior and follow along until you can get him into a building or car or someplace where it is easier to corral him.
- Sit down with your back or side to the dog and wait – Again, dogs are thrown off by this odd behavior and will become curious and approach. The other advantage is that by sitting down with your side or back to them, you appear less threatening and they are more likely to approach. If you have good treats, place a few around you to draw them near.
- Open a car door and ask the dog if she wants to go for a ride – It almost seems too simplistic and silly to be true, but many a dog has been fooled into hopping into a car because they were invited to go for a ride. It makes sense, especially if the dog has learned to associate the car with good things (e.g., the dog park).
While the dog has always been man’s best friend, dog waste has posed a threat to man’s foot and nose. And now research has proven a more unsettling fact: dog waste is also a significant environmental pollutant.
Studies have found that roughly 40 percent of Americans don’t pick up after their dogs’ waste. Dog feces accounts for 24 percent of the bacteria that pollutes our urban and suburban waterways. You can help by making sure your dog’s waste is picked up 100 percent of the time.
In 1994, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognized pet waste as a major contributor of Nonpoint Source Pollution (NPS) and as such, the runoff from pet waste will continue to produce harmful effects on our drinking water supply, recreation, fisheries and wildlife unless we all work together in our communities to reduce and prevent this pollution from occurring.
DIRTY WORK Pet Waste Removal Service has been there since 1998 to help any Atlanta area dog owner, park, apartment or multi-family community that may be looking for an affordable solution to keeping their yards or property cleared of dog poop.
To help raise awareness of the hazards of uncleaned pet waste and International Pooper Scooper Week, DIRTY WORK is providing a 10% April discount to new metro-Atlanta residents that sign up for dog waste pickup April 1-7th, 2015.
To learn more about DIRTY WORK’s Metro-Atlanta dog waste removal service, Scoop the Poop Campaign and environmental and health risks related to dog feces please visit our website:http://www.CallDirtyWork.com
About DIRTY WORK
DIRTY WORK, Atlanta area ‘entre-manures’ since 1998 charges a small per-cleaning fee for its professional pooper scooper to find, collect dog waste, haul away, and then properly dispose of the pet waste. DIRTY WORK provides its professional pet waste clean-up and removal services, pet station maintenance and supplies for individual yards, parks, and multi-family communities. It’s purpose is to take over a dog owner’s worst chore, keep properties clean & healthy and to give pet owners more quality time with their pets and families.
To learn more call 404-876-9333 or visit http://www.CallDirtyWork.com
It has come to our attention that many Druid Hills residents (DeKalb County, Georgia | Emory University | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) | University Park | Emory Village | Chelsea Heights) may have been canceled by their previous pooper scooper service when that dog waste service dropped Druid Hills from their service area.
Dirty Work Pooper Scooper Service has a long established route in Druid Hills and would be delighted to assist you.
Our quotes are free, no obligation, no hassle, and no contract is required. Dirty Work Pet Waste Removal Service will send the same Scooper to your home each week and provide reliable, thorough and affordable service.
Please call 404-876-9333 or visit our website for more information and a quick, easy quote.
We look forward to talking with you!
Dirty Work Pet Waste Removal Service doesn’t only pickup dog mess from residential homes and yards.
We also help busy property managers have one less hassle to their day. They can count on our reliable service and full-time staff to be prompt, reliable, thorough and easy to work with. (Post Properties, Gables Residential and more contract DIRTY WORK for a reason!)
HELPFUL HINT: we recommend that property managers and owners have a regular trashcan for household and food waste near the Pet Waste Stations. This sort of trash is too bulky and quickly fills the pet waste stations meant only for dog poop pick up baggies.
Otherwise what happens when we arrive onsite is what is pictured below. This makes for irked residents and guests, and our aim is completely happy clients!
Your dog goes to the bathroom in your yard at least once a day. That’s a minimum of 365 piles a year, but more likely, over 700 doggie land mines per pup per year.
Who is cleaning up the dog waste from your lawn?
For people in the metro-Atlanta area, contact Dirty Work today for a free, no obligation quote. Enjoy a clean, odor and pest free yard today!
Since 1998 Dirty Work has been keeping Atlantans shoes cleaner and grass greener with our complete dog waste removal service.
Our dog loving professional popper scoopers travel to your home, yard, apartment and more. We then find, scoop and take away all of the dog poop from your yard for a surprisingly low cost.
We hope to provide you with wonderful service and answer any questions you may have about Dirty Work, your local Pooper Scooper Service.